Saturday, February 26, 2011

Tonight: God is Faithful

About tonight in a minute, but first, a little blurb about this blog.  I like to teach and explain things and tell stories.  This blog is not about that.  This is about my personal ramblings with God.  So I may or may not share background to certain stories so things may or may not make total sense.  Please bear with me.

So, I went down to Broadripple tonight.  I specifically prayed that the Lord would put a burden for lost souls on my heart tonight (and forever).  He helped me by showing me a simple fact.  The eternality of it all.  That's not a word, but that's what's in my head.  The eternality of it all.  That forever, the lost will be in a Christ-less, painful, lonely, dark place.  Forever.  This is nothing new, the Lord just emblazoned it on my heart tonight.  As I passed by the front windows of bars, and saw people laughing and having a great time, my heart just sank.  They are enjoying the pleasures of this world for a short season, and trading it for a painful horrible eternity!  Eternity!  This might be the only God moment they have for years.  Totally heartbreaking. 

I did have a very encouraging conversation with a 19 year old couple.  They Lord just filled my mouth with words and I was able to share the whole gospel with them in a way that seemed to resonate with them.  Their names were George and Emily.  I came up to them as they were turning around from Noodles & Company because it had a gas leak.  If it wasn't for that, I would not have been able to share the gospel with them!  It astounds me how the Lord works through totally ordinary circumstances to bring about His will.  If it weren't for that gas leak, they'd have been inside when I came by.  Please pray for them.  They were open to the things of God.

All in all for tonight, I can easily say God is so faithful. He brings about His will in our lives.  My key prayer point for this year is faith.  He has used going down to Broadripple to accomplish this.  I had wanted to go down with others tonight, but I felt Him say to go alone.  I whined and cried internally about this for a few days, fearful to go down alone.  When I finally consented, He came alongside and encouraged me.  He kept me safe, allowed me to continue to develop relationships with two Starbucks baristas and Mason the parking guy (who hooks me up with free parking every time!), kept me calm and allowed me to clearly articulate the gospel to a young couple who is seeking answers, increased a burden for the lost, fought back the fear of man, and let me know His sovereignty even deeper.

It brings a new meaning to true, heartfelt worship when you see difficult things.  Spent some time with some inner city kids who live very rough lives today.  Had a couple from our church lose a few day old baby this past week.  Understanding even deeper the fact of the wide and narrow gate (that most will perish and go to hell for eternity).  Seeing Psalm 106:8 clearer (we have been saved for His sake).  Knowing some family members and/or friends will spend eternity in an intense, forever pain.  When these things are at the front of our minds, it's harder to just sing the church songs.  We must accept God's sovereignty and still praise Him even when we don't understand it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment